- Website Owner. Sudden Cardiac Arrest Foundation (“Company”) is the owner of this website (“Company website”). Company can be contacted by mail at 7500 Brooktree Road, Wexford, PA 15090, by phone at 724-625-0025, or by e-mail at email@example.com. This online privacy notice discloses https://community.casahearts.org/ information practices for this Company website, including what type of personal identifiable information is requested in order to make a purchase, how the information is used, and with whom the information is shared.
- Website Visits. In general, you can visit on the Company website without disclosing any personal information. Company does keep track of the domains from which people visit us. Company analyzes and then Company discards the gathered data.
- Website Transactions. At times, Company will need personal information regarding a customer or a prospect. For example, to process an order or provide a subscription, Company may need to know a customer’s name, mailing address, e-mail address and credit card details. It is Company’s intent to inform you before Company collects personal information, such as user’s name and/or address on the Internet. If you tell us that you do not wish to have this information used as a basis for further contact with you, Company will respect your wishes.
Personal Information That May Be Collected
- Identifying Information. In order to make a purchase or to access designated subscriber services and /or restricted areas within the Company website, Company will request a user to provide certain personal identifying information, which may include: name, postal address, e-mail address, user name, password, telephone number, facsimile number, method of payment, and, if applicable, credit card number. Company may request additional information necessary to establish and maintain customer’s account.
- Service Quality Monitoring. Some website transactions may require a customer to telephone Company, or Company to call the customer. Company will not contact you by telephone without your prior consent, except to confirm an order placed online and/or to inform a customer of the status of such order. Customer should be aware that it is Company’s practice to monitor, and in some cases record such calls for staff training or quality assurance purposes.
- Information from Children. Company does not sell products or services for purchase by children, and will not collect or post information from a child under the age of eighteen (18) without the involvement of a parent or guardian. Company will notify the child’s parent or guardian at the e-mail address provided by the prospective customer, alerting the parent or guardian to the child’s use of the website and providing instructions as to how the parent or guardian can delete the child’s registration from the website. Company does not use personally identifying information collected from children for marketing or promotional purposes and does not disclose such information to any third party for any purpose whatsoever.
- Lost or Stolen Information. If a customer’s credit card and/or password is lost or stolen, the customer should promptly notify Company in order to enable Company to cancel the lost or stolen information and to update its records with a changed credit card and/or password.
- Chat Rooms, Forums and Bulletin Boards. If customer participates in a Company chat room, discussion forum, or posts messages to a Company bulletin board, customer should be aware that the information disclosed and shared will be broadly available to other persons, both inside of and/or outside Company who have access to that chat room, forum or bulletin board. Some individual Company chat rooms, forums or bulletin boards have additional rules and conditions regarding participation. Also, participant’s expressed opinion is his or her own and should not be considered as reflecting the opinion of Company.
- Links to Other websites. A Company website may contain links to other websites. Company is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those other websites.
Uses Made of the Information
- Limited Uses Identified. Without customer’s prior consent, Company will not use your personal identifiable information for any purpose other than that for which it is submitted. Company uses personal identifiable information to reply to inquiries, handle complaints, provide operational notices and in program record-keeping. Company also processes billing and business requests related to Company website participation.
- Marketing Uses. Unless customer marks an “x” on the opt-out option box herein provided, Company reserves the right to provide customer with information about Company’s website, Company products and services, and related information in which customer has indicated an interest.
- Stored Information Uses. Company stores and retains the information provided by customer. Stored information is used by Company to support customer interaction with the Company website; to deliver customer purchases; and/or to contact customer again about other Company services and products.
- Online Advertising. Some companies that help Company deliver interactive on-line advertising, such as banner ads, may collect and use information about Company’s customers to help Company better understand the types of advertising or promotions that are most appealing to Company’s customers. After it is collected the information is aggregated so it is not identifiable to a specific individual. If, however, customer would prefer that these companies not collect such information, please mark an “x” on the opt-out option box herein provided.
Disclosure of the Information
- Within Corporate Organization. Company may share your personal information within the Company corporate organization, and may transfer the information to countries in the world where Company conducts business.
- Mergers and Acquisitions. Circumstances may arise where for business reasons, Company decides to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize its businesses in the United States or some other country. Such a transaction may involve the disclosure of personal identifying information to prospective or actual purchasers, and/or receiving such information from sellers. It is Company’s practice to seek appropriate protection for information in these types of transactions.
- Agents. Company employs or engages other companies and individuals to perform business functions on behalf of Company. These persons are provided with personal identifying information required to perform their functions but are prohibited by contract from using the information for other purposes. These persons engage in a variety of functions which include, but are not limited to, website maintenance, fulfilling orders, delivering packages, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer services.
- Affiliated Businesses. Company works closely with affiliated businesses operating website stores, providing services or selling products on each other’s websites. These businesses identify themselves to customers. Customer information related to a transaction with an affiliated business is shared with that affiliated business.
- Marketing Analysis by Third Parties. Company reserves the right to disclose to third parties’ personal information about customers for marketing analysis; however, any information disclosed will be in the form of aggregate data that does not describe or identify an individual customer.
- Disclosure to Governmental Authorities. Under certain circumstances, personal information may be subject to disclosure pursuant to a judicial or other government subpoenas, warrants or orders.
Use of Computer Tracking Technologies
- No Tracking of Personal Information. Company’s website(s) are not set up to track, collect or distribute personal information not entered by visitors. Through website access logs Company does collect clickstream data and HTTP protocol elements, which generate certain kinds of non-identifying site usage data, such as the number of hits and visits to our sites. This information is used for internal purposes by technical support staff for research and development, user analysis and business decision making, all of which provides better services to the public. The statistics garnered, which contain no personal information and cannot be used to gather such information, may also be provided to third parties.
- Use of Web Beacon Technologies. Company may also use Web beacon or other technologies to better tailor its website(s) to provide better customer service. If these technologies are in use, when a visitor accesses these pages of the website, a non-identifiable notice of that visit is generated which may be processed by Company or by its suppliers. Web beacons usually work in conjunction with cookies. If customer does not want cookie information to be associated with customer’s visits to these pages, customer can set its browser to turn off cookies; however, Web beacon and other technologies will still detect visits to these pages, but the notices they generate cannot be associated with other non-identifiable cookie information and are disregarded.
- Collection of Non-Identifiable Information. Company may collect non-identifiable information from user visits to the Company website(s) in order to provide better customer service. Examples of such collecting include: traffic analysis, such as tracking of the domains from which users visit, or tracking numbers of visitors; measuring visitor activity on Company website(s); website and system administration; user analysis; and business decision making. Such information is sometimes known as “clickstream data.” Company or its contractors may use this data to analyze trends and statistics.
- Collection of Personal Information. Company collects personal identifying information from customer during a transaction. Company may extract some personally identifying information about that transaction in a non-identifiable format and combine it with other non-identifiable information, such as clickstream data. This information is used and analyzed only at an aggregate level (not at an individual level) to help Company understand trends and patterns. This information is not reviewed at an individual level.
- Commitment to Online Security. Company employs physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard the security and integrity of personal information. Any billing and payment data is encrypted whenever transmitted or received online. Personal information is accessible only by staff designated to handle online requests or complaints.
- No Liability for Acts of Third Parties. Company will exercise all reasonable efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of customer personal information. However, transmissions protected by industry standard security technology and implemented by human beings cannot be made absolutely secure. Consequently, Company shall not be liable for unauthorized disclosure of personal information due to no fault of Company, including, but not limited to, errors in transmission and unauthorized acts of Company staff and/or third parties.
- Opt-Out Right. Customer and/or prospective customer has the right at any time to cease permitting personal information to be collected, used or disclosed by Company and/or by any third parties with whom Company has shared and/or transferred such personal information. Right of cancellation may be exercised by contacting Company via e-mail, telephone or certified postal mail. After processing the cancellation, Company will delete customer or prospective customer’s personal information from its database.
Access Rights to Data
- Information Maintained by Company. Upon customer’s request, Company will provide a reasonable description of customer’s personally identifiable information that Company maintains in its data bank. Company can be contacted by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, by telephone at 724-625-0025, or by certified postal mail at 7500 Brooktree Road, Wexford, PA 15090.
- Corrections and Changes to Personal Information. Help Company to keep customer personal information accurate. If customer’s personal information changes, or if customer notes an error upon review of customer information that Company has on file, please promptly e-mail Company at email@example.com and provide the new or correct information.
- Your California Privacy Rights. Beginning on January 1, 2005, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of Company who are California residents to request certain information regarding Company’s disclosure of personal information for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write to: 7500 Brooktree Road, Wexford, PA 15090. Within 30 days of receiving such a request, Company will provide a list of the categories of personal information disclosed to third parties for third-party direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the names and addresses of these third parties. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. Company reserves its right not to respond to requests submitted other than to the address specified in this paragraph.
California’s privacy laws require a Company to provide notice to California users of their rights to receive information on to which entities their information was shared for marketing purposes.
CALIFORNIA, NEVADA, AND VERMONT RESIDENTS
- Company Payments will not share information it collects about you with its affiliates or third parties (both financial and non-financial), except as required or permitted by your state’s law.
- This CALIFORNIA, NEVADA, AND VERMONT PRIVACY NOTICE supplements the information contained in the Privacy Statement of the Company (collectively, “we,” “us,” or “our”) and applies to visitors, users, and others who reside in the United States. We adopt this Privacy Notice to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, the Nevada Senate Bill 220 (an Act relating to Internet privacy), Vermont Financial Privacy Act, and other California and other state privacy laws (all such laws are collectively referred to for purposes of this Privacy Notice as the “CCPA”).